Spain declared a state of emergency (‘un estado de alarma’) on 14 March 2020.
Fuerteventura is on alert level 1, the following are some of the restrictions in place:
Curfew: Between 12am and 6am
Group size: Maximum 6 people, except cohabitants, both in public and private spaces.
Bars, Restaurants and Cafés:
- Outdoor terraces 100% capacity.
- Inside 75% capacity.
- Maximum 6 People per table.
- Complete closure of the establishment before 12.00am.
- Distance of at least 2 metres between adjacent table chairs, between groups of Interpersonal safety distance:
- The interpersonal safety distance of 1.5 metres will be maintained on public roads and in all public spaces.
- If it is not possible to maintain the distance in premises or establishments, the stay will be restricted to a single person.
- It is recommended to avoid staying in closed and crowded spaces.
Use of masks:
- All people age 6 years and older are obliged to use a mask in all public spaces.
- The owners of hospitality venues, spaces and premises for public use must guarantee their compliance.
- The use of masks with an exhalation valve is prohibited except in the specific workplace.
Visit regularly for further updates.