Spain declared a state of emergency (‘un estado de alarma’) on 14 March 2020.
Fuerteventura is on alert level 2 as of March 18th 2021.
The following are some of the restrictions in place
Curfew: Between 11pm and 6am
Group size: Maximum 6 people, except cohabitants, both in public and private spaces.
Bars, Restaurants and Cafés:
- Outdoor terraces 75% capacity.
- Inside 50% capacity.
- Maximum 6 People per table.
- Drinking at bar: groups of max. 2 people with marked spaces.
- Buffet and self-service prohibited indoors, allowed outdoors.
- Complete closure of the establishment before 11.00pm.
- Distance of at least 2 metres between adjacent table chairs, between groups of tables and between groups of customers at the bar.
- Chairs will be arranged in a zigzag to avoid diners being face to face.
- The bar space assigned to each customer or group of customers must be physically marked in a visible way.
- Ban on smoking on terraces.
Interpersonal safety distance:
- The interpersonal safety distance of 1.5 metres will be maintained on public roads and in all public spaces.
- If it is not possible to maintain the distance in premises or establishments, the stay will be restricted to a single person.
- It is recommended to avoid staying in closed and crowded spaces.
Use of masks:
- All people age 6 years and older are obliged to use a mask in all public spaces.
- The owners of hospitality venues, spaces and premises for public use must guarantee their compliance.
- The use of masks with an exhalation valve is prohibited except in the specific workplace.
Visit regularly for further updates.