How do I list my business/place/bar/restaurant?
- Firstly, register using the box at the bottom of the page, complete the details and wait for the confirmation email. If you are on Facebook, you can simply click the “Login with Facebook” button.
- Once registered, you will be able to see the additional menu items under “Places of Interest” section.
- Click “Add New Listing”, choose the plan and complete the details.
- Make a payment if you need to.
- Once reviewed, your listing will be published.
What is the dialling code for Fuerteventura?
The country code for Fuerteventura is +34. Use this if you’re not using a Spanish phone such as dialing from a UK or other nationality phone.
How much is a taxi to/from the airport?
Prices will vary slightly but these are about right:
- Caleta de Fuste approx €15 each way
- Corralejo approx €50 each way
There are plenty of transfer companies who offer lower prices, also consider using the local buses.
Another option is to consider hiring a car for your holiday, the cost of a return taxi to Corralejo is not far off the cost of hiring a small car for a week, depending on the time of year as costs cary.
Some odd rules when driving you need to know
- Driving with one hand or arm outside of the vehicle can lead to a fine of €100. Article 18 of the General Traffic Law states that the driver and passengers should always maintain a sensible position inside the vehicle.
- Driving without wearing a shirt, being barefoot or wearing flip-flops comes with a fine of €200. According to the law, driving without ‘proper’ clothing or footwear could diminish the driver’s capacity to control the vehicle.
- You have to be extremely careful when parking on sand at the beach because if the area is classified as ‘protected’, you could end up with a fine of up to €6,000.
- Making the most of being stationary at a red light by touching up your make-up or eating food could cost you €200 euro and two points off your licence.
- Driving while blasting music in a quiet area like a hospital or during the early hours of the morning can lead to a fine of €80–100. In one case, a fine of €2,400 was imposed because the noise prevented homeowners from sleeping.
- You should only use the car horn in cases of emergencies such as avoiding an accident and alerting another motorist that you plan on overtaking their vehicle. Any other use could lead to a fine of €80.
- Driving in the left-hand lane or in the middle lane if the right-hand lane is free could result in a fine of €200, according to Articles 28 and 31.
- Be careful if you’re having an argument while driving. If you are caught taking your eyes off the road on several occasions, you could end up with a fine of €80. The same amount will be applied if the driver is caught biting his nails, kissing a passenger or insulting other drivers through hand gestures.
- Both hands should be kept on the steering wheel while driving and the driver’s ears should be visible.
- Filling up the car with petrol with the radio on could lead to a fine of up to €90.
What is the weather like?
The climate on the island is very mild. Summers are sunny, winters are mild so it’s pleasant all year round. Fuerteventura is exposed to northeast trade winds which make it great for surfing, these usually peak in the afternoons. Fuerteventura is often mis-quoted as meaning strong wind, the literal translation is strong (good) fortune.
The south of the island is the sunniest due to could formations in the north created by hills and mist forming. On occasion there are sandstorm events known as calimas which blow across from the Sahara, these are usually accompanied by very hot weather and are not a pleasant experience.
August is the hottest month in Fuerteventura on average with temperatures averaging 25°C (77°F) and the coolest is January at 18°C (64°F). The month with most daily sunshine July with 10 hours a day.
This is the average weather on the island by month.